This Post is actually one of our Pages and is the Cornerstone of our Creations. When we first began, our pieces were for our own personal use. After we became aware of people desiring high quality products, we consulted the Doctors. We were astounded at what we learned regarding the historic medicinal uses of Silver and how important it was in Ancient Cultures. Here are a few things we learned and that are as relevant today as they were thousands of years ago.
Facts About Silver
Ring of Kings has compiled the following facts from several authoritative sources to help you understand the use in our jewelry. Everybody knows that Silver has been used as body adornment and decoration since humans began making jewelry. But, it has many unique physical properties that make it even more appealing in its use of intimate art pleasure objects.
- Silver takes a higher polish than any other metal.
- Silver is the whitest metal of all metals.
- Silver has a pure, sweet acoustic resonance, making superior silver bells and other musical instruments.
- Silver kills bacteria by breaking down their cell walls.
- Silver is inert in the human body.
- NO SILVER-RESISTANT STRAINS OF BACTERIA ARE KNOWN TO EXIST.
- Silver is the most thermally conducive metal of all metals.
- Silver has the highest electrical conductivity of all metals, but does not spark.
- Silver reflects 95% of the light that strikes it, making it the most lustrous of all metals.
- Silver is used in filters to purify water to prevent buildup of bacteria and algae.
- Silver is used in the treatment of arthritis.
- Silver is used in the treatment of burns.
- Silver is the second most malleable metal (gold is first), making it elastic and adjustable, holding adjustments in shape where plastic will not.
- Silver has a soft and sensuous feel to the metal when polished.
So, as you can see, Silver is not only Beautiful and Sensual, IT IS SAFE.